- March 1930
- Started as a manufacturer of pigments for facial cosmetics.
- March 1957
- Nippon Shikizai Inc. was established as a contract manufacturer of cosmetic products.
Capital: 15 Million JP Yen Location: Minato-ku, Tokyo
- December 1971
- Set up Suita Factory in Osaka, Japan.
- November 1979
- Set up Zama Factory in Zama of Kanagawa, Japan
- March 1980
- Celebrated 50th anniversary of foundation.
- August 1985
- Obtained Quasi-drug cosmetic manufacture’s certificate.
- August 1995
- Licensed as cosmetic importor.
- July 1996
- Registered as an over-the-counter company at Japan Securities Dealers Association.
- February 1999
- Laboratory Center in Tokyo, Japan was completed.
- February 2000
- To expand global sales activities and to encourage international competitiveness,
Nippon Shikizai acquired THEPENIER PHARMA INDUSTRIE S.A.S.,
a pharmaceutical & cosmetic contract manufacturer in France.
- March 2003
- Set up a plant for manufacturing make-up products at THEPENIER PHARMA INDUSTRIE S.A.
- November 2003
- Obtained ISO 9001:2000 Certification
(International Standards for quality management and quality assurance)
- December 2004
- Listed on the JASDAQ of Osaka Securities Exchange.
- January 2005
- Mr. Kouji Okumura, CEO of Nippon Shikizai Inc. was awarded
the L'ORDRE NATIONAL DU MERITE in France.
- April 2005
- Licensed to manufacture and sell cosmetics and quasi-drugs.
- September 2009
- Renewed ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- March 2010
- Celebrated 80th anniversary of foundation.
- July 2013
- Changed the listed market to Tokyo Stock Exchange JASDAQ.
- March 2014
- Started operation of Tsukuba Factory in Ibaraki.
- February 2015
- Acquired "ISO 9001: 2008" certification at Tsukuba Factory.
- January 2017
- To strengthen the handling items and further expand the global market,
Thepenier acquired ORLEANS COSMETICS S.A.S.,
a French cosmetics OEM manufacturing company.